About the Diamond Dealers Club
The Diamond Dealers was formed in 1947 and up until 1995 was the representative body for the polished dealers in South Africa. They became members of the World Federation of Diamond Bourses in 1950.
During 1994/1995 a group of polished dealers felt that there was a need for a second organization to also represent their interests and a new organization was established in 1995 called The Diamond Merchants Association.
In 1998 they became members of the World Federation of Diamond Bourses.
Two organizations existed side by side for many years until 2003 when it was felt that one unified organization was the best way forward in terms of representivity, unity and administrative good governance.
During March 2003 the two bodies amalgamated to create one organization and renamed it the Diamond Dealers Club of South Africa. This body obtained automatic status as a member of the World Federation of Diamond Bourses and has been active on the various Committees since then.